CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
SVIT-Ukraine, AVI-Moldova, ArmActive-Armenia & SCI-D invite you to send applications for:
International Multiplier Training
Non Violent Communication/
Peace Education and Conflicts
20 – 26th July, 2015
Pustomyty,Lviv region, Ukraine
Background of the project
Culture and conflict are inextricably linked. When problems surface, between or within cultures, it is often a response to difficulties in dealing with differences. Whether this pertains to racial, religious, political, social, or economic matters difference is often a source of fear and misunderstanding.
For any conflict that touches us where we're vulnerable, where we make meaning or influence our identities, there is always a cultural component. The Armenian-Azeri or Transnistria-Moldova, as well as nowadays exploded Ukrainian-Russian conflict for example, are not just about land - it's also about identity. Conflicts between teenagers and parents are shaped by generational culture and conflicts between spouses are influenced by gender culture. Cultures shared by dominant groups often seem to be "normal" -- "the way things are done" to the dominant group, but are less obvious to other minority groups. We only notice the effect of cultures that are different from our own.
The initiated project is a set of activities aiming at raising young peoples’ and societies awareness on cultural aspects of different conflicts, at the same time by passing Intercultural Learning and Non Violent communication competences to youngsters to prevent and/or lower the possibilities of future conflicts.
- Create a platform (time and space) for young people and civil society organizations to share their expertise and experience about cultural aspects of conflicts,
- To foster partnership and networking between young people from different cultures and countries,
- To develop participants leadership skills,
- To declare the willingness of new generation of dealing with conflicts in a peaceful ways,
- To improve intercultural competences,
- To develop non- violent communication skills,
- To raise awareness and/or change attitude towards “otherness”,
- To increase CSO’s expertise on dealing with different type of conflicts in a Non Violent way.
The project will have 4 phases.
1. Training Course for Leaders/Multipliers on Intercultural Learning, Non Violent Communication/Peace Education and Conflicts in Ukraine
2. International ExchangeUniversal Youth Villages in Armenia, Moldova and Ukraine.
3. 4 Days Open Space. 21 – 26.09 in Armenia– self organization conference on the topic of “Cultural Aspects of Conflicts"
3.1. Implementation of local activities/projects planned during the Open Space4. Publication (online/CD) of the results of Open Space Conference – Book of Proceedings and inputs from participating CSOs and Experts
The multiplier training will be the first phase of a the project that has the aim to raise awareness on cultural aspects of different conflicts, at the same time empowering participants in Intercultural Learning (ICL) and Non Violent communication competences as preparation for the youth villages.
The aim is to train selected youth leaders, future multipliers on topics of Peace Education, Conflicts, Non Violence and ICL. The participants of the training later will be involved in the next phase of our project –“Universal Youth Village” exchange – as leaders and trainers or participantsOrganisers of the project:
Contact Organizations: SCI Germany, AVI Moldova, ArmActive Armenia, SVIT Ukraine
Countries eligible to participate: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Ukraine, Poland, Hungary, Russian Federation, Serbia
Recruitment of participants
We expect to meet around 22 young people - youth workers, youth leaders and volunteers directly working in the field of Peace Education, Conflicts and Non Violent Actions,who already have or would like to have an experience of an international peace project.
All participants selected for this project must meet the following criteria:
- be minimum 18 years – 30 years of age;
- be able to communicate well in English language;
- be strongly motivated to act as a multiplier in the field of promoting culture;
- commit to implement the learned knowledge and skills in practice back home;
- commit to actively participate from the beginning to the end of the training and the following stages of the project;
- be youth workers, volunteers, youth leaders working with partner organizations;
- come from one of the countries listed as partner of the project.
As a second phase of the project, participants can have a choice of three “Universal Youth Villages”:
24 – 30.08 'Obyrok Art Island', village Obyrok, Chernihiv, Ukraine
15 – 22.08, Dsegh, Armenia
04 – 11.08 OrheiulVechi, Moldova
In your application form, you should indicate which one you would prefer.
Those taking part in the youth villages can later also apply for the open space conference in Armenia.
How to apply?
Application deadline: 25.06.2015
Applicants will be informed if they are accepted or not within one week.
Financial and practical conditions of participation:
All costs of the training programme (including food, accommodation, trainers) will be covered and 80% of international travel costs will be reimbursed up to a maximum of 275 Euros.
Participation fee: 30 euro.
Contact: If you have any questions regarding the project and your application, don't hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
We are looking forward to welcome you in Lviv!